It’s never too late to change course. We might think our circumstances compel us to follow some unchangeable path but as Ralph Waldo Emerson astutely observes, we have choice in our self defining actions.

If we find we don’t like the people we’ve become or see ourselves becoming, these states don’t have to be our destination, rather they can be our vehicles of change toward who we truly wish ourselves to be.

Change can be hard, and indeed painful, but to live our lives with no regrets and be proud of our legacies we must embrace, merge, and remain on, the roads leading to our self-created, non-predetermined, fate. The only people we are destined to become are the people we decide to be.

19 thoughts on “The People We Decide To Be

1. M. L. Kappa says:

Hi Brandon, and thanks for the follow! Pleased to meet you!

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi 🙂 absolutely, thanks for following me back! Pleased to meet you also!

2. Rowena says:

That Emerson quote is interesting because there are different levels to it. When you dig a bit deeper, I feel it gets to the heart of you. The person you are when all the fluff and gumph are stripped away. Who are you when all of that is stripped away? You can choose to be a good person with integrity and kindness. Or, you can choose to be angry, bitter, filled with revenge. You can’t also choose your destination or destiny but who you are at the controls of who you are on the inside.
    Best wishes,
    Rowena

Liked by 2 people

1. I agree Rowena. Very insightful points! Thank you for sharing your perspective. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. These are such important words. So many of us go through life having surrendered to fate but being unaware that we can change our path at any time if we only set our mind to it. Thank you for this post!!

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you Priya for your contribution in sharing. It is my pleasure! 🙂

4. Kim Petitt says:

I’ve heard my Pastor say, “if you don’t like where you are…change it, make a different decision.

Liked by 2 people

1. Sounds like your Pastor has some wisdom in him 🙂

1. Kim Petitt says:

He is a very wise and a learned man. In fact, if you can, I’d like to invite you to our Noon Bible Study today at Noon (Central Time). You can:

Facebook (Dana Carson)

YouTube (Apostle Dr. Dana Carson)

Instagram (Dana Carson)

Dr Carson does Bible Studies Mon-Fri at Noon and Saturdays @ 9 pm. All the videos are recorded and you can always go back and view them if you missed the live broadcast.

Liked by 2 people

2. Thank you very much for inviting me :). I work during the week but I’ll try to make Saturday!

3. Kim Petitt says:

Awesome! Have blessed day!!

Liked by 1 person

4. 🙂 Thank you, you as well!

5. I agree as well. Thank you so much ❤️